Data migration is the process of transferring data between data storage systems, data formats or computer system. A data migration project is usually undertaken to replace or upgrade servers or storage equipment, for a website consolidation, to conduct server maintenance or to relocate a data center.
Factors to consider in a data migration project include how long the migration will take; the amount of downtime required; and the risk to the business from technical compatibility issues, data curruption, application performance issues, and missed data or data loss.
There are three broad categories of data movers as AJERS TECHNOLOGY CO; LTD we deal with:
- Host- based software is best for application-specific migrations such as platform upgrades and for database replication and file copying.
- Array-based software is primarily used to migrate data between like systems.
- Network appliances migrate volumes, files or blocks of data depending on their configuration.
The following best practices should be used to protect data during a migration:
- Understand what data you are migrating, where it lives, what form it’s in and the form it will take at its new destination.
- Extract, transform and DE duplicate data before moving it.
- Implement data migration policies so data is moved in an orderly manner.
- Test and validate the migrated data to ensure it is accurate.
- Audit and document the entire data migration process.
We provide technical solutions to system migration and data conversion business needs. We’ve been creating and managing digital solutions for over three years, and have the expertise to effectively manage new software implementations, data conversions, updates and system migrations, without compromising business operations. conversions, updates and system migrations, without compromising business operations.